Sunday, June 16, 2013

Time - Day Five

 Repent then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord, and that he may send the Christ, who has been appointed for you—even Jesus." Acts 3:19-20 NIV

     Were there sins involved in your divorce? My sins were sins of neglect, selfishness, and cowardice in talking about the hard things. Is divorce a sin? I do not know. Yet sin is real and in our world, and we are flesh and bone. I had to confess my sins, take responsibility for my part in the failure of my marriage. God knew. I knew. There was no point in hiding from it.
     So even though my faith was crumbling, I prayed to God to help my unbelief. I prayed for God’s healing. I prayed for refreshing. I needed the winds of forgiveness to refresh my spirit. I needed the Holy Spirit to remind me of his presence. I needed to know He was near and would always help defend me from the temptation of sin.
     Divorce does not bring out the best in most people. Divorce has a tendency to bring out the worst. But that is why Jesus died for us while we were yet still sinners, to save us from ourselves. Let God breath a refreshing time into this season of divorce for you.
Practical steps:  For refreshing I read the Psalms, or a favorite devotional, or spend quiet time on the back porch with my coffee and my Father in heaven.
 Your thoughts: _________________________________________________


“You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly.” Romans 5:6 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment