Saturday, March 15, 2014

Listen - Day Seventy-Four

"But when He (Jesus) saw the multitudes, He was moved with compassion for them, because they were weary and scattered, like sheep having no shepherd."  Matt 9:36 NKJV

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls."  Matt 11:28-29 NIV

I have been challenged this month of March so far. The stress encompasses some part of my whole life. A bit a here, a bit more there and then some physical, mental, spiritual and emotional bits too. When I tried to introduce my problems, needs, character flaws to Jesus -- as my Jesus Calling devotional by Sarah Young suggests -- I felt enpowered by handing off these struggles to God, to Jesus, knowing He is in control. Unfortunately I got caught up in an unseen tornado. Not sure how either. I felt like Dorothy riding in the house watching parts of her life swirl and circle faster and faster until she landed in Oz. I was good and truly lost.
I am still lost.
But I know God loves me. I know if I can quiet my heart, my mind from the chaos of this world, this life, that I will HEAR His loving voice whispering encouragement. If I can tune out the anxiety and listen for His still small voice. I will hear the voice of my shepherd.
This year has been interesting thus far with My One Word: Listen. I have heard His voice and felt the surety of His direction. Fleeting. Too fleeting. Yet I know the fault is mine. I need to practice more.
And I know this isn't a test or contest or a race.
God loves me no matter what. I am His and He is mine.
I yearn for the time when I can see His face. I want to be home with Him.
But until that day comes, I will seek to be as close to Him as I can.
Join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment