Thursday, May 26, 2011

COURAGE PART THREE

How do I find courage to face each day and bring it into my world to share with others?  What I've learned so far in this study of mine is prayer is a never-ending necessity and the first priority. And those prayers need to be directed to someone I know stands with me and will never leave me.

“Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or discouraged because of the king of Assyria and the vast army with him, for there is a greater power with us than with him. With him is only the army of flesh, but with us is the LORD our God to help us and to fight our battles.” And the people gained confidence from what Hezekiah the king of Judah said. " 2 Chronicles 32:7-8 NIV

Though I am weak, He is strong. Though I am fearful, He is not. Though I am flesh and blood, He is Lord God Almighty. I can go into the day and handle whatever it brings because prayer draws me closer to Him. I can have the same confidence as the people in Judah. Prayer establishes a communication link, an open line, a portal from my heart to His. Before I finish the prayer He is already answering, responding, and meeting my needs. And that confidence is what I can share with others. I have walked the valley, seen my share of darkness, yet here I still am "fighting the good fight" as St Paul would say. Praise God indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment