Sunday, May 29, 2011

SOME DAYS...

...I've been writing about courage and feeling pretty good. But then some days I get blind-sided, I get knocked to the ground, and it's usually something unexpected. I know my weak areas--or most of them--and I've learned to stop and assess if I'm feeling off or out-of-sorts. Did I sleep? Have I taken my meds? Are Erin, Alan, Mom and Dad okay? Am I processing something unexpected? Have I prayed? Have I journaled? What is my spiritual temperature today?


"Stay alert! Watch out for your great enemy, the devil. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour." 1 Peter 1:8 NLT


I get focussed on one area of my life and my defenses weaken in another area. Before I know it, I am down on my knees, sad, angry or hurting. Then I retreat. And that's okay as long as I retreat to safety, a place to regroup and heal. My physical place is my bedroom. My spiritual place is God's lap. In those places I can allow my emotions to settle, my spirit to calm, and the stress to ease from my tense my body. Surrounded by books and deep in prayer, I can take a deep breath, rest, and prepare to join the dailiness of life again. But right now it's okay to be still and know that He is God and I am His child. He will protect and provide for He is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment