Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Mighty and Tender

"See, the Sovereign LORD comes with power, and his arm rules for him. See, his reward is with him, and his recompense accompanies him. He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young." Isaiah 40:10-11 NIV


These verses from Isaiah show a God who is both Mighty and also Tender. He comes to rescue us in His power, and then He tenderly holds us in His arms. So when I have days when I am weak from the daily battle, I know I can call upon the Lord God Almighty, the Warrior God, who will go ahead of me and fight my battles for me. Then, when the day is over I can climb up into His lap, next to His heart, and be comforted, cared for, protected and nurtured.


"I have chosen you and have not cast you away:
   Fear not, for I am with you;
   Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
   I will strengthen you,
   Yes, I will help you,
   I will uphold you with My righteous right hand." 

   Is 41:9b-10 NIV 


...and I say thank you for choosing me. Thank you Lord for offering me your strength and your right hand. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment