Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Living Fearless- In Small Doses

I went to see Alan, my fiance, in Charlotte this past weekend.  We had a blast. He rented us a Harley Davidson motorcycle for Saturday and we spent the whole day out and about. If you've never ridden one, it's a total sensory experience. The sights, the smells, the sounds, the feel of the breeze, the smell of fresh cut grass, trees, flowers, the clarity of color without peering through tinted windows, his shoulders beneath my hands. We saw people out on horses and bicycles, at yard sales, and fruit stands. We saw grand and small country churches. We rode through two State Parks and walked around a small lake. Amazing!

"Trust in the LORD and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture." Psalm 37:3 NIV

And I almost didn't go. I almost called and requested he cancel the reservation.  For fear of being hurt-getting injured--because with my dad's extended illness it crossed my mind that I needed to be more careful in case they needed me.  Isn't that crazy?  They are still taking care of me.  I had to have minor surgery in March and it was them who drove me at 6:00 am to the hospital, waited for me, took me home and sat with me. Mom made me a grilled cheese sandwich and Dad took care of my pets. So wonderful, so faithful.

When my time on this earth is done, God will call me home. He knows the day and the time already. I don't need to be foolish, but enjoying a motorcycle ride with proper helmets, proper clothing, boots, and a skilled driver is not foolish. God created this world to be enjoyed. So I will trust and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment