Friday, May 17, 2013

Day One -- Time


Time 
Then the LORD said, "I will surely return to you about this time next year, and Sarah your wife will have a son." Gen 18:10 NIV

     I loved being pregnant. I loved the stretchy clothes, eating six times a day, and watching my stomach grow. I was fascinated at the whole process, and read all kinds of books. The ultrasound pictures of what my daughter, Erin, looked like at twelve weeks and twenty weeks were amazing to me.
     But time seemed to pass slower and slower the closer I got to my delivery date. I was huge, and was only comfortable in one pink sweat suit and one ugly striped flannel gown. It was TIME for this kid to be born. So why does it take forty weeks to make a baby? God had a plan. I’m sure of it. Maybe because I needed time to adjust to my changing emotions, changing girth, or changing hormones. Maybe I needed time to change the priorities in my life because I was going to be someone’s mama.
     Whatever the reason, time is a necessary element in the procreation and birthing a family process. Time to paint, prepare a room, have baby showers, and stock up on diapers. Though sometimes the days pass slowly and our feet swell, the day when the baby is ready does come. We must wait. Waiting is never easy. Whether we are waiting for a child to be born or to heal from a heart-sickness or a physical healing. It just isn't easy. But it can be done.
                     Practical steps 
     Cultivate a day by day attitude and accept each day’s challenges and blessings. Know that each day brings you closer to healing; each step through the valley, each day’s travel brings you that much closer to reaching the other side.

Your thoughts: _________________________________________________


“and she became pregnant and bore a son to Abraham when he was old. The boy was born at the time God had said he would be born.” Gen 21:2 GNB

No comments:

Post a Comment