Monday, May 27, 2013

Day Two - Time

But I trust in you, O LORD; 
       I say, "You are my God."
My times are in your hands; 
       deliver me from my enemies 
       and from those who pursue me.
Let your face shine on your servant; 
       save me in your unfailing love.” Psalm 31:14-16 
     As a Christian, what does it mean that my times are in God’s hands? It means that every year, month, week, day, hour, and moment belong to Him. It means He is in control of life. It means not a moment passes that He isn't aware of us and where we are and what we are doing.
     Are we being tempted and chased by sin? He knows. Are we suffering in silence? He knows. Are our days without hope and interminable? He knows. If we awoke with a smile and a prayer, He knows. If we awoke and can’t figure out how to put our feet to the floor, He knows. Our times are His.
     This Psalm says to trust God with your times, with your days, with your circumstances--good or bad. It says: I trust God. I believe God. I know you will save me from the dark days, long cold nights, and weary body, soul and mind. This Psalm calls upon God and his unfailing love. He will answer, in His time.
Practical steps: Post verse 14 where you can see it throughout the day. Repeat it to yourself in the moments of emotional turmoil. I trust in you God. Be with me.

Your thoughts: _________________________________________________


“I was afraid and thought that he had driven me out of his presence. But he heard my cry, when I called to him for help.” Psalm 31:22 GNB

No comments:

Post a Comment