Sunday, April 3, 2011

Courage That Comes from Trust In God

I am shamelessly using "Point of Grace's" song Fearless Heart.

"I wanna live with a fearless heart
Courage that's coming from trust in God
It's constantly guiding me though the road may seem dark
I wanna live wanna live with a fearless heart"

For the past several months God has been prepping me to start this blog. First I had to face the fact that I was living in fear. I had to admit it to myself. I had to look at my life choices-what I said I wanted to do and what I actually did. Good intentions just won't do anymore. I had to examine my deep intimate self and ask what was holding me back. I was afraid. Afraid of failing God, myself, doing or saying something that would harm someone else, afraid of putting myself out there and being found lacking.  And I already know quite well that I am not perfect, but most of us like to keep a pretty cleaned up persona out there for others to see. 

Then I had to get past the fear of putting myself out here--in the world--to be real. I mean really real. The kind of real that will satisfy my God's desire for obedience. Because I am convinced that I am not the only Christian woman living with fear and handcuffed from fulfilling God's purpose because of it. So here I am...Showing up. That was the word for last week's online Bible study with Melissa Taylor of Proverbs 31 ministries. Go check it out. The Bible study was written by Rachel Olsen and is titled "It's No Secret." Someone said that showing up is half the battle. I encourage everyone to examine their own hearts. Are you living in fear?  If so, how does that fear cripple you from leading the abundant life Jesus has offered, and keep you from serving Him as He calls you?
Be blessed!
Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment