Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Where to Begin

I am a perpetual student. I love books, words, lessons, organized plans for accomplishing something. In the case of this season of my life I want to learn to not be afraid. The question is where to start?  The Bible, of course. So I did a search on the word fear, fear not, do not be afraid, and courage, just to start. As I read through the verses that popped up, I was surprised at the good company I am in. Adam was afraid, Joseph was afraid, Joshua, Abraham, Sarah, the apostles, and more. It is an affliction that strikes many, yet they found a way to serve God, to overcome their fears. I will research and study and see what I can learn from those in our spiritual family tree.

"Be of good courage,And He shall strengthen your heart, All you who hope in the LORD." Psalm 31:24 NKJV

No comments:

Post a Comment