Saturday, January 4, 2014

Day Three - Listen

                      In order to listen I must stop talking! 
     That was the lesson from today. And not only stop talking, but stop forming a reply to whatever the person is saying to me. If my mind is engaged with that, then it isn't really listening. This lesson applies to the person in front of me, the one on the phone, and even the Blessed Spirit whispering to my heart to listen to the man who has come to spray the building where I work.
     Listening attentively, means actively listening, seeing, really hearing the voice, the needs, the sharing of heart to heart. How can I do that if I want to top their story --good or bad -- with one of my own?  Hearing the Spirit also requires that attention plus obedience.  The Spirit doesn't mind questions and concerns, but at the end of the day obedience is what is necessary.
     I am excited about the adventure of listening to those I interact with on a daily basis but especially excited about what the Blessed Spirit teaches me.
     Have you picked a word of your own?  Have you prayerfully asked God to help you? I pray that all those who read these words will be blessed with Jesus' love and guidance during this year.   

No comments:

Post a Comment