Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Listen - Day Eight

     I sat in the pre-dawn hour wrapped in a quilt and in my thoughts. The quiet enveloped me in peace and I imagined I sat at the feet of Jesus. I listened for His words, for His heart, and there was no struggle, no strain.
   This was a different kind of listening. It was restful, renewing.  Not like the active listening to others.
   I set the alarm for six minutes and closed my eyes. I sipped my coffee and turned my attention to Jesus.  A song ran through my head..."take this world, and give me Jesus..."  What did He want to tell me? What did I need to hear?   
   I am often amazed at the sweetness Jesus shows in doing small things just for me. Things no one else would realize were important or special to me except Jesus. The stillness, my slow awakening, my time with Him before the cares of the day rush in are just one example.
    The alarm went off and I sighed deeply, desperate to stay in that cocoon of listening. I had done better, not alot better, but still better today in centering myself near Him.  I want to try again tomorrow. I look forward to trying again tomorrow. God never turns away an honest seeker.  What are you seeking? What answers are you waiting for? What do you need to hear Jesus whisper to your heart? Take the time and sit with Jesus. Listen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment