Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Listen -- My One Word for 2014

“Now then, my children, listen to me; blessed are those who keep my ways. Listen to my instruction and be wise; do not disregard it."  Proverbs 8:32-33 NIV

“So, my dear friends, listen carefully;
    those who embrace these my ways are most blessed.
Mark a life of discipline and live wisely;
    don’t squander your precious life.
Blessed the man, blessed the woman, who listens to me,
    awake and ready for me each morning,
    alert and responsive as I start my day’s work."  Proverbs 8:32-34 The Message


Hello Dear Friends & Family,

The verse above is the one I chose to go with My One Word for this year.
   Listen.
Following a book written by Mike Ashcraft and RachaL Olson, who wrote that though it is hard to change, if we focus on one attribute that we have prayed about and asked God to lead us to, a word that represents what we want to be for Christ or a word that allows others to see Christ in us, then we have a much better chance of success.
   Last year my word was Peace. Looking back at the year I can see how I grew and changed and embraced the Peace that is beyond understanding.  Not perfectly by any means, but as the year progressed so did I. I was better able to handle trials and challenges and required less down time to regroup and get my center back. My foundation in my sweet Jesus grew more solid, and I called upon the Lord God Almighty to go into days of challenges ahead of me. He was my Father Protector, Jesus was my Peace, and my Blessed Teacher --the Holy Spirit -- led my through her still quiet voice.
   And so I begin this year with Listen. My goal to listen attentively to the guidance of the Holy Spirit. To hear God's hopes and directions for serving him and others. To listen without ceasing for my Jesus. And specifically to listen as I begin the rewriting process of 30 Nights with God...the book He has called me to write for Him.
   Do you need a focus for this year? A word to guide and direct or inspire you? The words are as endless as we are individual....for our God is a master craftsman and has an imagination the size of the universe. Seek Him, choose a word, and begin a year long journey to get closer to God. Peace to us all.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment