Monday, January 6, 2014

Listen - Day Five

The Lord came and stood there, calling as at the other times, “Samuel! Samuel!
    Then Samuel said, “Speak, for your servant is listening.” 1 Samuel 3:10 NIV
 
    Speak Lord.....for I am....listening.  I have found myself attempting to drink my coffee in the morning and simply be still, be quiet. Quiet my thoughts, quiet my emotions, my heart, my body, and just slip into the presence of God. To sit at His feet like Mary and absorb His words.  My best time the past 5 days has been 3 minutes. I was able to sit without interruption, without turmoil, without to do lists, or looking at the clock--for only 3 minutes.  My goal will be to improve that dramactically as the days progress. 
     Sarah Young in Jesus Calling's Introduction tells how she purposely sat and listened for God with pen or pencil and paper at hand.  How she followed the example of anonymous authors of a devotional she had carried through 2 global-type moves. Her book was created from those times of listening to Jesus and writing what He impressed upon her heart.
     I want that. For Jesus to press His words into my heart. To sit quietly and dialogue with Jesus as with my best friend.  To hear His wisdom and guidance about the day ahead. To listen to the love, to hear the encouragement, to share the laughter, to rest in His arms and listen to His heart.  He wants me to listen to Him. He wants to hear about my hopes and dreams and concerns. 
     Do you want to hear Jesus? To listen to His still small voice?  To hear the love and feel the kindness? Even if the words are those of correction? I do. I pray for both of us to be able to sit quiet for 5 minutes with just Jesus and for us to hear Him clearly as friends who speak face to face.  
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment