Saturday, January 18, 2014

Listen - Day Eighteen

“A man prayed, and at first he thought that prayer was talking. But he became more and more quiet until in the end he realized prayer is listening.” -Soren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher and writer


      I continue to be amazed at how God answers my desire to listen. I have my calendar pop-ups randomly scattered through the weeks and months ahead. When one pops up, I stop and read my scripture verses or maybe do a web search for the word listen. That's how I found the quote above.
    I am so intrigued by the idea of having a prayer dialogue with my heavenly Father. I love to listen to my earthly dad tell a story...or tell anything actually. He is a natural storyteller and can turn even the most mundane conversation into an adventure with his creativity.  Remembering that puts me in the frame of mind to be still, submit my requests and prayers, and then wait, relaxed, for His response. It will take practice, due diligence, and effort on my part. 
    Yet I know with certainty that He is listening to me. He is encouraging my efforts. He longs to speak with me since I am His child. He wants to give guidance and wisdom. That keeps me going on this journey through this earthly life. I hope it does you too. Blessings! 

No comments:

Post a Comment